We're looking for a barista to join our small, friendly team!
A little about the shop
- We're a multi-roaster cafe, focusing on highlighting different coffees from excellent coffee farms around the world.
- In short, we have two goals:
- We brew interesting coffees
- And we share those coffees with our guests. It's all too easy, as a barista, to lose sight of that second goal.
- Our coffees change weekly, so a customer could conceivably have a different coffee drink every day.
- We're owner-operated, and fun fact, Jason Gonzalez (owner) won the UK cup tasting championship 2-years running, and came 8th in the world. He likes coffee. A lot.
- Experience in a specialty food or drink related environment is required.
- Previous barista experience would be preferred.
- More than anything, an interest in learning more about coffee.
- Customer service is really important to us. Being able to confidently run through our menu, give recommendations to customers, and to be able to explain our shop's ethos in a friendly, approachable manner is at the core of everything we do.
- Tasting coffee. This may be a bit obvious, but with 6+ coffees running at any one time, we will need our staff to perform quality control on all of our coffees.
- Being detail oriented. Each coffee has an exacting "recipe" that we have found best suits that particular coffee. Once we find that "recipe" (and check it daily), we grind and brew that coffee to that precise "recipe" for each customer. Experimentation is great, but brewing bad or untested coffee for customers is not. We always encourage our baristas to participate in this dialling-in process.
- We are currently looking for full time staff. Part time/seasonal positions may also be needed in the near future. Please put availability in your inquiry.
- 4-days a week, with shifts generally running from 7:30am-5:30pm, Monday-Saturday (incl. paid 1/2 hour lunch break). We may expand hours in the future.
- Starting wage: $11/hour + tips
- 40 hrs paid vacation/year
How to apply
- Pop in to the shop with your résumé or send us a quick email!